Friday, April 22, 2011

Back and sleepy


In the clear again, I think. Still have 2 assignments due tomorrow, but I don't think they're major. Haven't started them yet though, but oh well. In any case, I'll mostly make this into a shitpost about my week.
First of all, it turns out the group project is due next week. It was supposed to be this week but I guess plans just changed. Oh well, it works better for me anyway. I didn't see the movie, just skipped through until I found a scene worth using for my essay. Unfortunately my partner asked what I thought of the movie and I lied saying it was good. She proceeded to try talking a hole into my head and asking me what I thought about scene X and Y. Eventually I told her I had a bus to catch so she understood and stopped talking as I left. The other members of our group didn't come that day though.

On Wednesday I had a Japanese test. I go into class and my professor put the seating arrangements up. I end up sitting pretty much opposite of where I always sit, but I still sit next to the same person. I wouldn't have paid it any mind really, but while taking out my pencils I hear her ask:
"Do you watch Madoka?"

Wat. I didn't really give an answer but she told me she saw a glimpse of my core drill key chain (the one without any tags on it indicating what it's from) once in my book bag. I never thought anyone would see it so never bothered removing it from my keys, since they're always in my book bag, but I guess someone was watching one day when I didn't notice. I suppose there was also a day where the lobby was empty before class and I was listening to Magia while she passed by and asked me what room we were in that day. I didn't think of it at the time, but even though I don't listen to my music loud, it was quiet enough that the sound could probably leak pretty noticeably. I don't talk with anyone, and it's not like she asked anyone else any sort of question like that (she never even made it known so watches anime actually) so it was really surprising to get asked a question like that completely out of the blue. She didn't say much since it was right before the test anyway, but I suppose this means on Monday she's going to want to talk to me about the finale that aired yesterday. I don't really have much of a problem with that, I guess. I'll try to keep it from being a foot into the door of getting to know me though.

And of course, ZUN released TH13's demo this week, as if he wanted me to be distracted from my work! Good thing its difficulty level was easy enough for me to not get hooked onto it. I still enjoyed it, and under normal circumstanced would have played more; specifically to get Youmu's shot type down, it has a lot of potential but seems like it needs you to play in a Shoot The Bullet kind of style. I admittedly didn't like the new music at first either, but it ended up growing on me after playing through a few times.

And today the plan was to go to my grandmother's house so my uncle could take a look at my computer. I pulled my tower out and as I unplugged it I realized something. I had the wrong cord plugged in. This whole time I was thinking I unknowingly pulled something inside when switching cables and went too braindead to fix it. No wonder I couldn't find anything wrong! It got enough power for the motherboard's light to turn on, but it wasn't enough power to actually start it up. I know, I know. Why would I have 2 identical cords, with 1 being incompatible with my power source (yet able to fit) and within such close proximity? I dunno! I didn't even know that cord could fit into my computer, because it's the cord used for my internal to external drive converter. Isn't that funny!? Hahahahahahahahahahah!

Okay, really. It took me way too long to figure that out. I was too focused on looking at my computer's guts to realize that I just had the wrong cord plugged in. Well, now I know! Unfortunately I already had a ride ready to take me to Gram gram's house, and I could have just explained the situation and turn the ride down, but I felt like it'd be kinda mean to say "well I only really wanted to go there to see what my uncle has to say about the computer" and cancel the trip. Even though I'm sure they wouldn't mind or think anything of it. So I'm in my grandmother's house right now. I wasn't able to work on my computer, but I assume I can get it working easily when I get home on Sunday to pop the XP disk inside and run recovery.

And since I'm up here I might as well go to a nice pizza shop I grew up on and get one of their huge calzones. I have someone reading Symphonic Rain right now and giving me his commentary of it every now and then. He just finished the 3 main routes and is on one of the secret ones right now, but the point is I got in the mood for calzones again from Symphonic Rain.

On another note, I've been keeping up with some blogs but haven't really had the time to comment, sorry guys. I could have commented, but I'm sure most of you have noticed my comments are sometimes quite lengthy. It's not like I do it on purpose, but they just come out that way. I didn't really want to lose track of time by writing long comments, so I held back. Since I have work to catch up on tomorrow I dunno if I'll be free then to comment, but I'll try.

Now to end this post in a semi-non-shitty manner, I guess I can combine it with the video of the week. This is the PV for Hyadain's (congratulations to him for his first professional debut, seems to be a recent trend for Nico singers to get picked up to do anime OPs) Kakakata kataomoi-c, the opening for Nichijou. I don't know why, but this PV seems so hypnotic. I blame the cube and dancers. Seriously, I keep watching it, and my attention keeps getting drawn to either the dancers or the cube, but I don't know which one is grabbing my attention more. And it's not even particularly eye catching either, but it's hypnotic for some reason!

Now I'm sleepy, so I'll probably just review the kanji I learned today, finish up the last chapter of Poncho, and go to sleep. Take it easy, everyone.

~ Kirari ミ★

15 posts:

Pawawanpi said...

What did I just watch? >w<
Sounds like your week was busy. Hope you have a good weekend.
(^.^)/

Anonymous said...

That cube really is hypnotic.

Jerry said...

>Unfortunately my partner asked what I thought of the movie and I lied saying it was good.

Why didn't you just tell her the truth? It seems it would've worked out better if you just told the truth. Oh well, at least your saved by the bus.

>I'll try to keep it from being a foot into the door of getting to know me though.

Maybe she'll be a good buddy that you can talk to about anime.

>ZUN released TH13's demo this week

I haven't gotten around to it yet. I might wait until the full game is released.

>Since I have work to catch up on tomorrow I dunno if I'll be free then to comment, but I'll try.

There's no pressure to comment. At least you're visiting people's blogs, which is what really matters.

Anonymous said...

>Haven't started them yet though, but oh well.

N-Naughty ;~;

>I lied saying it was good.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

>I'll try to keep it from being a foot into the door of getting to know me though.

Intriguing.

Best of luck with everything.

MixedNuts said...

>I know. Why would I have 2 identical cords, with 1 being incompatible with my power source

Oh you.

>I guess. I'll try to keep it from being a foot into the door of getting to know me though.

With out the fake smile?

What grabs the most attention in the video is the pretty boy and cute girls, that's Japan for ya.

Tigoris said...

Sounds like your partner for the project was trying to catch you in a lie! I find that whole situation quite funny. I've never actually had any sort of in depth discussion of a movie with someone, like that girl was trying to have with you. At most it's a, "Have you seen X?" "Nope." "Oh. You should see it." OR in the rare case I have seen it, "Yeah." "Pretty good movie." "Yeah."

>Do you watch Madoka?

I've been both wanting and dreading a question like that. I keep my interests under pretty tight wraps, usually by passing novels and manga as "normal English stuff." I don't think I have ever mentioned anime to anyone either. I figure someone has to eventually realize my, to borrow the /a/ term, "power level." If and when they do, I wonder how I will react.

>I'll try to keep it from being a foot into the door of getting to know me though.

You should try to let a few people in. I don't really know you personally, but online at least you're a pretty cool cat. At least giving her a chance, you know? Also, I can't believe I just said, "cool cat." Gonna leave it so that I can now claim to have used that phrase once in my life.

>Wrong cord

That makes me wonder if I've been using the wrong power cable for my two "dead" computers. It's entirely possible. Ah geeze...if that's what is the problem....

Faiz Faults said...

>"Do you watch Madoka?"

I wonder how I'd react if that happened to me. I think I'd be more surprised than anything. I won't mind talking about it with the other person (except maybe if they're of the weaboo variety...)

>Good thing its difficulty level was easy enough for me to not get hooked onto it

Quite so, tho I seems to die more often than I should. Well, blame me for not touching the danmaku games for a long time ahaha

>Hyadain

iirc he does the 'female' vocals as well?

Best of luck with those assignments.

Kirari Star said...

>iirc he does the 'female' vocals as well?

He does indeed. The girl is just there for the sake of the PV.

serenity said...

>Haven't started them yet though, but oh well.

Isn't that always the way assignments end up?

>"Do you watch Madoka?"

That's the sort of question I guess I secretly hope to be asked - I hide my powerlevel almost completely in public except for my keyring, which I pretty much never have visible. I'd have no idea how I'd respond if someone ever did ask me something like that though.

To her credit she doesn't sound like an annoying weeaboo.

>kakakatakataomoi

Such a catchy song. You're right about the PV being pretty compelling, I think it's mostly the background dancers for me.

>iirc he does the 'female' vocals as well?

I had no idea, I'd never have guessed.

DerpFiles said...

She knows your terrible secrets...

Nope said...

>Do you watch Madoka?
If you never guessed she was into anime then she can't be too bad. Sometimes it's good to have someone to talk to about anime and such.

>Kakakata Kataomoi
I actually quite like this song, and this PV has made me like it more, I see what you mean by hypnotising. It's surprising that he does both vocals though, pretty good.

Hip-Hop Hikikomori said...

I've commented late on almost everyone's posts. Feels bad, man.

>Unfortunately my partner asked what I thought of the movie and I lied saying it was good.

I know that feel.

>I'll try to keep it from being a foot into the door of getting to know me though.

Why are you avoiding this so hard? It almost seems like it's your destiny.

Your computer problem was just as retarded as my own! Only, it took you a lot longer to figure out. Funny how a small oversight can be such a pain in the ass.

It reminds me of when I was building my computer. I had a lot of those moments, like when I completely forgot to plug in my graphics card's supplementary power cable. I thought I had gotten a defective card, hah!

>I could have commented, but I'm sure most of you have noticed my comments are sometimes quite lengthy.

Sometimes my comments are huge as well. (Like this one.) They're not so bad. I like reading them more than huge posts, for some reason. (But in your case, time is valuable, so it's understandable.) Also:

>There's no pressure to comment. At least you're visiting people's blogs, which is what really matters.

>he does the 'female' vocals as well

That's talent. Spinning cubes~

Kirari Star said...

It's okay HHH, you can comment whenever.

Kirari Star said...

Also:

>Why are you avoiding this so hard? It almost seems like it's your destiny.

I haven't the time to make friends, and I'm too much of a selfish person that likes staying home all day to really maintain a friendship. In the end it'd just be a hassle. Real friends have too many extra strings attached to them. Online friends are different though. I haven't had a real life friend since elementary school, where I gradually split from them because I found it more fun to indulge in my own activities than hang with them.

Cpt.Awesome said...

>Do you watch Madoka?

Wut. She probably did hear the song if she specifically mentioned Madoka. Usually people ask about the big 3 or something famous like Geass, Gundam, or DeathNote.

I don't really carry anything anime related. The closest thing is the pictures on my phone.

>PV

My attention is more focused on the cube and Hyadain. I have to admit, he looks pretty cute.

Post a Comment