Monday, December 13, 2010

Vocaloid Covers

 So I did a post before on Vocaloid songs, and it got some good responses. Everyone does Vocaloid songs, but I thought I'd mix it up a little by throwing in some Vocaloid covers for you guys. Some of these are well known Niconico artists, while others are rather small names. I remember seeing some rumor that the girls that sang one of the EDs for Ore no imouto are actually 2 Niconico artists. I haven't seen the episode yet (backloggin EVERYDAY NIGGAS~) but I'd like if some of my favorite voices got a chance to start a professional career from their Niconico works.

So, without further ado, here's a handful of songs. First I'll start with one of my favorite singers, Choucho:




I really like her voice. She has a nice range, being able to even hit the high notes of Last Night Good Night without autotuning it up like most others that attempt the song. Her Niconico account is here if you want to hear some more of her stuff.


Vivi's cover of Rin's Tengaku. I actually think her voice is really Rin-like. Very fitting for the song. I haven't checked out her other covers yet, because I always forget to, but after I write this up I'll give her account a look at to see if I find anything else interesting from her.

Strange cover ahead, you've been warned.






This is Yoppei. He has a very...eccentric voice and style of doing his covers. He does them in a rather comical style. If you can understand some Japanese to hear how he does the lyrics in his own style a bit, you may like some of the humor he incorporates in his song. His profile has songs where he pretty much just redoes a full song with his own lyrics.


This next one is fairly new to me. I just heard her cover of Bathroom Garden recently and really love what she did with the song. I'm going to check out some of her other stuff after this post as well. 6ε6*'s voice is seriously cute, and fits in perfectly with the song. It's cute without trying too hard to sound cute. It's the kind of cute voice that sounds like it's naturally cute. Really, I've been playing this song so many times recently, it makes me smile.



Let me know if you guys like this kind of stuff, I can make more posts on it in the future.

~ Kirari ミ★

10 posts:

noog said...

I really liked that first song, especially when the electric guitar comes in...

Suciô Sanchez said...

I like that more than I should - until the generic electric guitar came in.

cooperlife said...

auto tuning has killed the need for talent. but that died out long ago with the creation of the synthesizer.

Jerry said...

The Tengaku cover was good, Vivi really did the song justice.

Meltdown is one of my favorite Vocaloid songs and Yoppei was hilarious.

You're right, 6ε6*'s voice is actually Hnng-worthy.

More Vocaloid posts would be great since I love this music. Maybe bringing us to light on some hidden gems?

Usagi said...

i like these songs very much, most of my collection is japanese song, rather my own language.:)

librarian said...

Yoppei is cool. I used to browse niconico a lot more, but have been side-tracked with other stuff. Everything is piling up on my backlog.

The last one really is very cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to check out these artists. I really like the last song too

tigey said...

Some of these are really pleasant to hear

Mister Sharaf said...

love this videos

Cpt.Awesome said...

Oh my god, 6ε6*'s voice was too much for my body.

Post a Comment