Saturday, October 2, 2010

Short rant on the "leaked" character list of MvC3



Seth already said none of the leaked lists were 100% true. If it's not 100% true, it's not a leak, it's just guesses. A leaked list implies that someone got their hands on it straight from the source, when the source didn't intend to release it. If they have this list, it'd mean their list was 100% accurate, since it's straight from the source itself. The fact that it's not 100% accurate means it wasn't taken from the source.

What people fail to realize is the fact that there were a handful of "leaked" lists revealed on the same day with the same story.

"I got this from the main site due to a glitch on their part, but they took it down before anyone else got to see. But I have it!"

Yeah, okay buddy. That's fine and dandy, but it sounds like a cheat made up by some kid. Like the one that told you it's possible to unlock Master Hand in the first Super Smash Brothers by getting nearly impossible goals done (beat the game with every character in less than x amount of time without losing any lives and never getting above 50% damage!)

The thought never occurred to anyone that all of these leaked lists were released by the same person using different aliases?

If you take a multiple choice test one time and don't know the answers, taking it once will probably mean you'll fail. But what if you were allowed to submit multiple answer sheets? Well, your odds of passing just rose exponentially. Out of all your submitted sheets, one of them is bound to get a decent score.

That's what's going on now. People are selectively ignoring all the failed lists and paying attention to the one that actually has a good score so far.


I always see people talk about how unlikely some of the choices are. None of the choices are unlikely at all.

Okami rose a lot in popularity, and many hopes Amaterasu would be in. X-23 is quite popular in the comic book scene, and has been for quite some time. Of course, nobody knew her because nobody seems to read comics that aren't over a decade old.

Wesker had been expected ever since Chris was announced (day freaking one).

None of them are unlikely choices, you just want them to be unlikely because it backs up your claim if you make others believe this. Selectively blocking out evidence that disproves your claim, and then using coincidental data combined with your own personal bias to provide "evidence" that supports this claim.


We have evidence that the list isn't real. All of you attempt to brush this evidence away with "CAPCOM LIES" while presenting no solid evidence of your own. Capcom lying about the Street Fighter 4 disk is one single case, and I always see this as the first thing brought up when people say Capcom lies.

This is like going to a college campus, picking one student and asking their sexual orientation. when they tell you they're gay, you conclude all college students must be gay. From one single person out of everyone on the campus.Once instance of Capcom lying doesn't mean they lie a majority of the time.

I don't even care if most of the list is right; someone just made some really nice guesses. The other lists were wrong, and out of all of them, one of them were correct for the most part. Congratulations, but the list wasn't leaked. 

Not particularly mad or anything, just feel people are sometimes a bit too gullible.


~ Kirari ミ★

(I know my lasts posts have pretty much all been rants; Next entry will take it easy a bit and be about a review or something.)

8 posts:

LainIwakura said...

Eh, rants are okay. I'm guilty of having way too many of them and don't mind reading others.

I don't have much to say about the game or the leaks though, I hardly play the vidya.

Hip-Hop Hikikomori said...

Eh, I'll just be happy when the game is actually released. I don't care about following the latest news.

None of it affects me.

Jerry said...

I like reading rants, it brings some topics to my attention.

As for MvC 3, I don't care about the news that comes out for it. I know that I'll probably buy it when it comes out, regardless of the characters that are in the game.

PrettyBoyJP said...

You should have posted some example lists, I would have been interested!

I really want to buy this game when it comes out. Capcom is the best studio ever!

Kirari Star said...

This is the "leaked" list everyone assumes is correct. I don't have the links to the other lists. Several characters have been confirmed to not be in the game by Capcom, but that doesn't bother people.

Keiji said...

I'll just buy it when it comes out, don't care about the "leaks".

Emanuel said...

Looks like a good game.

Wompa said...

The competitive Esports scene is all I care about in fighters anyways. I suck too much to even be good, I like watching pro's play though.

Post a Comment